Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/9/2003 2:09:06 PM
Subject: RE: new hud

naw its gonna be all gpl'd so who cares; anyone can use it (and they better give credit or i'll friggin scream, its my right) but its not exactly a plug-n-play type of code.

i've worked with dozens of coders, mostly for server applications/database apps, all types i already know about; I'm probably the most hated. No comments, obscure variable names (int nw,nx,nwh,nxh), and condensing code from 100 lines to 4 with a loop that look like someone mashed their keybaord.

I don't really care if noone plays it, tho I really think that it'll make somewhat splash in the q3 mod/coder community once they realize what can be done if they have their hands on the actual engine.

This is for people who always wanted to see q2wf gameplay in q3, for every person that wanted to change ammo for classes, wanted lucy as gunner, or wanted to remember what turret grenades did....

its only lack is a decent friggin master server. I have source for one, but no really good nix programmers. I can appriciate their skills tho, this crap isn't easy for nix.
i

_