Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/1/2003 2:52:24 AM
Subject: RE: SS

well since i allow all maps to be changed via .ent files, I have no reason to ban you for hacking maps anymore since all server admins can load up custom entities without needing to recompile maps. Tho don't expect support for it; it does work tho. You can load up the .ent file in GTKRadiant, you just need to copy over the *model entries after a save from radiant; gtk doesn't handle bmodel-only entities.

You want to run a server with the cap points on 2fort2k at the balcs; its easy as pie. You want to run one flag, whatever. You want to tweak jump pads, want to put team'd packs on q3ctf1-4, want to make osp ctf maps work with wf, etc... Welcome to q2wf. This is what it does; why wffusion is being made. LMCTF was easy to make work with q2wf. Any map can be changed to work with wf; this is an old Team Fortress trick. SCTA does it also.

if you post a texture pack based on missing tex's from past releases for maps (the ones from pre 3.x that were included in the wfa distro, i think it was map-media whatever but only a few of them were used) no problem; you'll be absolved. :P

it'd take me a day. gotta remember you pissed off a few people for distro'ing hacked maps, tho now that the code is in place to change entities no matter what they are without recompiling, its not hacking anymore so I have no problems. I'll take it off tomorrow if I can find the hostmask.

should be easy; it'll be just jpg/tga's, i kept the shaders in the distro's throughout time. but it would open up all of wfamaps.com to wffusion. I have a texture search tool for q3 console logs on missing textures that will work using stock wfa if you want it too, written by dlb.

how easy is it? clean up wfa and baseq3 to stock 3.5 -only- and plunk in map pk3's only; create a config that does nothing but logfile 3 (with a blank logfile); map-whatever; map-whatever2; map-whatever3 etc and run the config and walk away, and point the app to the logfile, pick apart the map-media pk3 and repack the ones that are missing from the older 2.9 pk3.

if you want an alpha (this port) to help you load up maps locally to test let me know; I trust you have 2.9. Keep in mind that it's pre-alpha tho. enough to fly around and hunt down missing textures after the repacking.

_