Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/23/2003 4:33:08 AM
Subject: Just another update

working on: the hud, and the ui.

all game crashes due to my crackhead code have now been squashed. acrid helped allot with taking my code, wrapping it up into a crumpled ball and slaping me upside the head with a cluestick. yea sometimes i go an re-invent the wheel. worked for 3 days reproducing q3's player-state then i realized this morning that it was already there. that's what happens when staring at q3 code too much trying to duplicate prediction for items; you start to get sucked into the 'copy and paste' easy way out when approaching something that has to get done quick, fast, and correct. but i'm ok now, really.

this was a big friggin task i'm tellin ya.

thanks for being patient everyone.

skyportals and particle spawners (using custom shaders). some other wfa-only ents won't work yet for this alpha, but they will. (overtime stuff works, that i had to do cause 3.5 used em allot). It's a time issue; while people are playtesting I can work on other things and fix bugs. the bulk of the work is already done tho to at least release a functional game.

the way skyportals are done now is by slapping a rendering scene before the main scene is rendered for the client. i don't have the hang of that yet because there has to be a way to do it engine-side and not just in cgame. I looked at fakk and rtcw but its a bit more complex then that. i sorta hacked it but it's not efficient enough yet, in my eyes.

particle spawners exist, but not with the math and custom shaders that wfa uses. tho the math shouldn't be that hard to duplicate, it just is again, low priority to getting a stable test out.

_