Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 11/19/2003 9:16:44 PM
Subject: success..... at least partially

so far so good. i think. i'm allot further then i was yesterday. i took a nap after dinner and during that 1/2 awake state my cat came up to me and sorta nuzzled next to me; instead of waking fully up i sorta decided to trace back code in my head; run the game inside the brainpan debugger, so to speak. i had an insight, woke up, tried it, and it worked.

I still need to tweak it, the mins and max's of the player are getting crossed somewhere; you can't hit the trigger to the right of the player's origin but you can from the left; some jump pads on some maps aren't working yet (q3ctf1) but other maps are (q3ctf2) etc., except when the trigger is a perfect square. as i said it's math i need to trace back, but i did get the concept and that's what i needed.

http://www.shadowspawn.net/temp/wfusion175.jpg is what was happening, and the print in this avi shows what i was up against. every time you see a print with coordinates and contents the game was thinking that the player was inside a trigger. obviously rendering some maps unplayable. those spawn triggers in cancer3 were all over the map, basically.

keep in mind that for the last alpha i just didn't spawn the triggers for the spawn rooms because i didn't want to hack at it, had bigger things to do.

3.5mb divx avi

_