Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 10/31/2003 6:02:39 PM
Subject: RE: SS?

only help i have is on the code side. maps, some people. graphics and web, got a-sniper. simtex is helping with the ui/cgame graphics, but to be honest with this port i havn't even touched the ui.dll yet. no time, all time is spent in game/cgame for me.

got someone to help with the anti-cheating part; something that's sorta like punkbuster (since its open sourced someone i'm sure is gonna try to make an exe with the cvar r_shownormals not cheat protected) that runs on the server and the client. (checks for modified exe's and dll's). only thing I don't have is a linux or mac guy, but supposedly this will compile on linux out of the box.

Dman has a map, so do i. (dropzone me, tkv dman). Most of dman's older maps won't work right without serious editing of the .ent files for servers, that takes a little skill but its not hard. They already caused problems with the first alphas; instead of coding around the problems tho the .ent files can be edited (the map's entity file) which is easier imo.

The only thing I don't have yet is a pat on the back from ID who may or may not get pissed. Can't understand how they'd get pissed, but then again this is the first attempt at a q3 mod using the q2 gpl'd code. As long as I'm not distributing anything other then wfa/wff media, i think i'm ok.

_