Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 10/9/2003 3:54:58 PM
Subject: ok, i gotta stop for a bit

i just made the most trippiest whackiest effect and i can't even think right anymore.

here's what it was: in the game, when you are killed, your angles are facing the player who killed you, and your roll is set at 90 degrees. you stay there for about 6 seconds.

here's what i did. in the game, when you are killed, same thing. then after 3 seconds, the calculation to the next respawn count is done. your fov is rotated back to normal,you face away from the next respawn point towards your dead body, your body becomes a 'non solid' ent, the distance between you and that spawn is calculated, a x number is determined divided by the respawn delay-3, and you move that many units per frame back to that respawn point and you become solid before the actual respawn is counted.

i can't show a video of it either. its like watching yourself being pulled from your body and flashing through the map and seeing all the crap going on and winding back inside a body that just spawned with the respawn effect going on.

i think im gonna get sick. i'll leave the code in for the heck of it, but won't use it.

_