Author: substance <;]>     Reply to Message
Date: 10/6/2003 12:13:23 AM
Subject: Just a thought for future q4/d3WF release

I say release wfa with less options... like dont have plasma bombs or lasers or guns or maybe even a class. Add more and more features with every release. This will help wf in a number of ways:

1. Since theres less work involved it will be available much sooner (and you know the first mods to be released for q4 will be the most popular ones cause everyone will be sick and tired of baseq4)
2. It give people something to look forward to in future releases. Anticipation will help keep a strong,steady community.
3. Most importantly! The game wont overwealm noobs.. i think we've all established the reason ppl didnt like wfa was the huge learning curve. by not adding so many new and confusing abilities/weapons even noobs will be able to learn he game faster. giving the player time to master current weapons/abilities so that when the new ones are implimented they can move on... slowly.
4. With constant new versions and realeses the mod will get alot more attention... if a new version is out every 2 weeks or something it will be in the q4 news everytime. If someone hears about the same mod over and over they will eventually want to give it a try.

I cant really find the BAD points to doing this besides upsetting the vets. But who cares ;] we KNOW all the vets will come to wf, what we really need are the new ppl. I seriously think this is a good idea so dont just brush it off SS ;]

Also, maybe 2 or 3 publicist(sp?) or whatever V3 does. It cudnt hurt to have more people gettin the mods name out there could it?

_