Author: ]II[OD <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 10/2/2003 11:20:21 PM
Subject: RE: WFA

http://www.gamespy.com/quakecon2003/johnson/

uhm I've always thought that doom3 would be the single player thing and quake4 would be the multiplayer thing... seemed logical for the future to have the multiplayer and singleplayer separated...

but then i read this in an interview with one of the main people working on quake4 at quakecon:

GameSpy: Since it's been a while since we've talked about it, why don't we start with the basics: what is Quake IV?

Rick Johnson: Quake IV is primarily a single-player focused game which will be continued on a near storyline from Quake II. That's not to say that we won't have multiplayer, but our primary focus is currently the single-player experience.

primary focus is single player??? does this mean that from a modding standpoint the old "it will be better to mod for quake4" thing no longer stands? ie. is directly modding for doom3 now an equally viable option? (i know there will be many similarities between the two engines but i was told that q4 would be more multiplayer oriented and thus better to mod for)
_