Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/30/2003 10:07:12 PM
Subject: RE: bots

well in tc and wfa it's rcon bot_enable 1, then restart the map. (map whatever).
then it's addbot definedbotname skill team msecThinkTime Funname

in tc and wfa there is a bots.txt file that lists the basic bots in the main pk3's.

to always have them in, set g_spskill on the server from 1-5 (same as skill in addbot) and bot_minplayers 2 in ctf will keep at least 2 players per team, if bots need to change teams they will. (Id skimped on the code, bots are 'kicked' and 'readded' as needed instead of switching teams)

you need rcon to do it.

rcon addbot shadowspawn 5 red 100 {tc}Phate

that will load up the bitchiest sniper bot named {tc}phate if he gets his hands on an sr8 that 'thinks' every 100 miliseconds or server fps, which ever is lesser. Acrid's bot is a generic all around good bot to have as a teammate (Acrid follow me forever), mine is campy (shadowspawn camp here forever) and law, waylander, and rap7or are just good all around brutes. (law kill surge for 5 minutes) they will snipe with the shotguns tho.

bots may crash the server on map changes if added manually. bot_challenge 1 will make the bots really hunt your ass and shoot quicker instead of waiting to be shot at.

they work best on the tc maps tho, that's what took so long to get em out. they still suck, but that's acrid's fault not mine

_