Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/25/2003 11:35:12 AM
Subject: RE: jdbc on NT and win95

sounds like you have slut users.

in the coroporate contracts we do, everyone is locked down to one os. if you can't justify getting a whole new os deployed (one that's actually supported by MS since win95 isn't) and you can get it working on the non ms-java win95 machines, just lay down the law and don't waste valuable time on it.

trying to make stuff work that will wind up costing more money supporting it down the road then you will actually make off the benifits isn't worth your time. might be instinctual to think 'well easy for you to say', but i lay down the law when it comes down to compatability.

even the readme in wffusion says 'get the latest drivers for everything', always the problems with it during testing were outdated drivers. (or borked installs, my fault for not being totally clear with directions)

it saves me heartaches. i'm not spending allot of time troubleshooting operating system-related issues for something i do, be damned if i'll do it for something i do as a hobby.

_