Author: Soldier Bob <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/16/2003 7:38:06 AM
Subject: Thanks soo much

That is exactly what I needed to know.

Kudos SS, this is truly a project worth supporting. I will do my best to update my website and edit my configs to allow for new commands etc. I dont know how much help it will give, but if the game play is going to be similar, I outlined a lot of strategies that could help out newer players to the old WF.

I was reading a few posts and noticed a comment you made about the code. Programming lengthy projects myself I have found that even if I retained a knowledge of what I was doing at one point, a minimal of at least foot note comments were valuable in bringing back memories on what I was trying to accomplish in a certain area. Although I doubt you are working with more then just Quake code at the moment, when crossing over and looking at 3 or more projects of this size I have seen most people forget what exactly was going on in their code.

I guess the comments would be kind of like broken tree branches or scratches in the bark. Not very dramatic but they mark your path and help you remember how to get back to where you were at one point. If you have your paths marked out, you then have an option later on of creating a fully detailed map for others to follow if you so wish.

-Soldier Bob
_