Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 8/26/2003 2:49:21 PM
Subject: RE: New Forum Section / 2 questions for SS

well see that's one of the big iffy things. i really liked decoy jumping, but now that the md3 models are used and animation is keyed into the decoy's player movements, it becomes tons more data to keep on flooding the clients with, as well as the sounds for it.

it is tough now, at quakecon i was trying to show it off as an example; i had to change how decoys are dropped because of how the q3 maps are different then q2, tech stuff but it is different. they are no longer a 'tossed corpse', but they are, sorta.

the easiest thing to do is put in a fraction of a delay. As it stands now i'm leaving it in and gonna just watch what happens. At quakecon noone could do it but me, and even i sucked at it now with the changes, but it is possible i'm certain.

and heh the decoy trace code is because of how we did our maps in wfa. i swear the hardest part was making the code work with our maps and physics, otherwise it'd just be q2wf using q3 models and effects.

_