Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/31/2003 5:38:26 PM
Subject: some misc stuff that is worth reading

map for wfa. don't map for fusion. the physics are basically the same, lots of differences with falling damages, but basically the same anyway.

cancer jump works. ramp physics are duplicated to q2.

Sound entities also have an extremely short falloff, due to the not-included key/value of attenuation, which now works.

gametype key works. only ctf is coded, the TF VIP/mission stuff is in there and enabled but its not really the forefront of my mind and not tested.

This is the important thing:

you spawn without ammo (except basic per weapon) and armor.

you pick up an armor type, you can't pick it up again till your armor type is exhuasted. That means you pick up red, you can't pick up yellow to increase it, nor pick up another red to increase it to full. You need to pick up packs. I'm going to change around a few maps to accomodate this. all of which brings me to the next point...

ALL ENTS CAN BE EXTERNALLY LOADED. That means you can edit a file and change around all the ents as you want without ever recompiling anything. Ever. You want to put the cap spots on 2fort at the balcs? make any non-wfa map into a wfa map? its that easy. Just edit a file that opens in gtkradiant and move around ents, add, change, fix, delete to your hearts content.

It's handled at the code level properly during the parsing of the bsp, loaded by the server from an external file only... then fed to the clients that connect. Not some -onlyents hack that some unskilled idiots were attempting to do.

I'm gonna be done soon, all of what I could do is almost done. Some bugs still exist that are out of my hands, I'm passing it over to others that helped/are helping out while I help finish up TrueCombat's new maps for their next release. It's slowed down allot, but I didn't shoot my load, just some stuff is being done by other people now.

_