Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/26/2003 1:14:36 PM
Subject: ladders

ok, ladders have changed their physics. rather then just copy and paste water (wfa's) and the ladder clip tute (wfa's also) and just have q2's ladder clip (sucks sorta) i kept the contents_ladder working. note that any additional surfaceparms on the ladder will work also (metalsteps, slick, whatever).

Basically, ladders act like this

person gets inside a ladder. (The ladder needs to be greater then 16 units thick because the player's origin needs to be in it, but all wfa maps are like this).

Once person is 'in a ladder contents' the movement left/right sidestep is limited to 25 units both ways. (person can't slide off of one to the side.)

the player also has to press +up or +down to go up or down, similar to wolf's and truecombat's. Just looking up while pressing forward isn't gonna happen; the forward and backward movement are limited in speed making it difficult to just fall off of one by accident. might seem like you are 'stuck' on one, till you turn around and press forward or press forward or backward while going up or down. Physics is duplicated like q2's in this manner.

going onto a ladder doesn't put fire out (wfa) but the player will be stuck in the last animation frame they were on (so a running player who hits a ladder their legs are stuck in running... ah well, q2 did the same thing, i'll figure that out later when i do jetpack fixes)

_