Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/16/2003 7:37:28 PM
Subject: RE: spy camera funnyness

yea shadows are on by default; you can turn em off. but they don't really suck any performance out of the game.

considering i've already disabled most 'performance' tweaks cause they were unstable; there is no picmip but 'mipmapping' does work fine. no picmips, sorry; textures started tearing and there was no real reason to add it since the way polys are drawn has changed.

mipmapping is when the texture gets blurry the farther away it is.

there is one minor flaw with the player md3 shadow castings; its um, kinda funny; the parts of the player seem to float away from each other when jumping like they are connected via rubber bands or springs. I think it's prediction tho, so i'm not addressing it yet till everything else is stabilized.

allot of settings are locked on by default; there is no longer vertex lighting even existing. not locked, removed. talked with allot of driver development gurus and engine coders, learned what does what. i had to learn some of openGL stuff for this, but not much; its using libraries that i already knew about but now i can use.

_