Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/15/2003 8:21:13 AM
Subject: RE: Any updates on Fusion SS ?

laser weapons threw me a loop, 500 lines of code spread over 4 files 3 days later all of them work. To be honest I coded some stuff while I was half awake after this problem was bothering me for 2 days and I just woke up and fixed it, it worked, so I reused the code all over the place.

some of the models are just starting to irk me. like right now the laserball grenade just doesn't want to show up, but it is rendering a shell and a shadow. it just doesn't draw. out of all the weapons, this is the only one doing this but it's the only one using a new grenade model so i dunno. oh I can just make it a stock grenade, or bring in the md2's, i just haven't figured out which I want to do yet.

Pretty much got all the things done I wanted to for the weapons and most of the effects (teleporters and spawn protection don't spawn particles yet but will; its a tough call cause of how q2wf teleporters worked and were displayed);
I gotta figure out some of the map entities and why they aren't working (thats a big one),
figure out what I want to do with the model system (cause I really have no clue yet, see below),
the plasmabomb/bgf/flag md3-to-sprite conversions,
remake the biosentry probably from a level1 sent just reskinned white... because the pallette for the image for the biosentry is whack; god knows where it came from,
remove all the debug prints that I sorta left in there,
figure out proportional fonts/spacing for the ui,
test for network utilization,
do a little stress testing,
some real testing if any network tweaks can be made for prediction
clean up player event sounds
hud (hud is totally ganked right now, network again)
add some particles to some effects
make some gibs models

and probably some other stuff.

_