Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/7/2003 2:29:31 AM
Subject: RE: omg a non-fusion post!

yea. btw anyone can grab this stuff, its on the gtk cvs; spog's branch on zerowing. it takes a bit of reading to get it to fire up, and it really should be done with cygwin, but you can compile with standard vc6 patched.

i've been using more then one editor for a while so it doesn't bother me when one has limitations (or is still not entirely completed), so always be prepared for broken stuff.

as for the interface, you basically get this yellow 2d box with rgb lines through it for either points or surfaces or at selection origins, so it acts like a modifier along whatever axis... and those handles are easier to grasp and move around.

you also can drag stuff around by that yellow box; its easier to work with by a long shot. completely different with gtk's current setup, but it is pretty cool.

multiple points tho doesn't work yet, like brush terrain.

tho i don't like 3ds and am used to total freedom with lightwave, it seemed like it would be more usefull for those new to mapping and the powerusers alike, to an extent.

_