Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/30/2003 3:01:53 AM
Subject: sunday morning

why the wfamaps forum do I post here? read on.

kinda bent at the flame thrower.

basically its shit. it 'tosses' flame sprites, kinda cheesy. always has. with wfa's vs wf's, its night and day. hope noone minds that i took it upon myself to make it like rtcw's flamethower; lightning gun but with flame effects. sorry i told everyone I wasn't touching weapons at all, but i mean it is so cheesy i can't really explain it; its so -bad- it should be in detention.

gonna need help with the player model stuff and ui soon; this part is the intensive part. its really complex since it was made to be configurable (like mock, you could define the models for each player and weapon, even make new ones, but I had to disable it cause its not what this is about; yes it was a 'roll your own' wf at one point.) i have 1/2 a mind to disable the ui and leave it at settings for now before releasing it. still about a month away at most; just changed the master server for just this.

got the ban ip list as well as the stats working. so many friggin weapons; so much work done. there was a napalm grenade launcher even; i just took the normal long grenade and gave it a opaque yellow shader.

emailed some people to make sure its not gonna dissapear; the future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

All wfa maps will work with this, even all baseq3 maps will work; any self-sufficent maps will as well. The engine has the ability to dump the entity list and load it up properly if edited (some people just can't understand it has to be at a code level). Will need some people to re-adjust some things, if they want, to just have fun with it. It is something kinda cool, but not unfamiliar to people who've played quake since Team Fortress; q1 for those new to quake. Since the server holds all ents in memory, the server tells clients what to load; each server can be different. (team'd packs instead of health on q3ctf1).

There are class-specific spawns, triggers, etc for this now, as well as any other ent can be class-specific. Trying right now to get help with skyportals (looks promising but never can tell) but don't count them in to work yet.

so close to releasing a network ready alpha its not funny.

_