Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/26/2003 7:27:44 PM
Subject: RE: SS

also one of the biggest differences is how armor is considered when dealing with hitpoints of damage. 'red' armor is a certain armor type, 'yellow' armor is different as well. both are taken away before health is touched.

take falling damage (cause i just happened to work on it the other night and it's still in my mind). In wf when you fall, you loose armor, not health. in wfa, when you fall both are taken away, but how much/what kind of armor is considered for determining how much health is taken. That took me for a loop because the falling damage sounds in wfa are different then wf; so as a 'hack' i put in pain_50 sounds for large falls, pain_75 for medium sounds, pain_100 for anything that causes harm, and regular fall1 sounds for anything that doesn't cause harm.

working on delta calculations for falling was kinda fun, actually. Problem was the scaling of the maps and the players, but I broke out the graph paper and did a really accurate assesment of damage types.

the lines sorta speak for themselves with sounds; anything above red is one sound, anything above orange below red is another, anything above yellow below orange is another, and green to yellow is no pain dammage at all and normal jump sound, and anything below green is a normal footstep. Damage is proportional to falling speed, not distance.

could be tweaked tho, dunno. seems kinda accurate right now as it is.

_