Author: Niall <chrisniallathotmaildotcom>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/24/2003 10:56:30 AM
Subject: about the hacked maps...

now, i've been asked to put these things up on acid trip...

Assuming they are somewhat well tested, and i get some sort of assurances that they won't crash our fucking server and force us to get shaft working on it TWICE, I suppose we could put them up...

the maps have apparently been changed in a way somewhat different to how redrum did them before, although i'm not too privy on exactly how they did it.

IMO though, these maps aren't fuckin open source maps, to be hacked around with by anyone who sees fit, just because "we weren't asked if you could take them away!" the whole BSP thing is complex to prevent this sort of thing, and just because some hacker kid found a way around it, doesn't make it right. it's no more right than hacking your way into my fucking machine and deleting files in there.

That said though, I wanna see if wfadev has any opinion on them? I would assume, since the post about it was deleted, that you would rather not have them getting out there? If that's the case, I can prevent them from being advertised in channels I control, and they certainly won't make it on our server... If you don't have a problem with these new maps tho, i'd like to know, and would certainly put them up there for everyone to play.

up to joo. dun matter to me one way or another...
_