Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/25/2003 2:29:39 AM
Subject: RE: what engine is this again?

and STEREO SOUNDS FOR ALL EFFECTS.

i swear i spent about 20 minutes doing nothing but tossing bullets and picking up ammo packs, using the q2wf armour2 wav but now in EAX stereo, and the respawn vibrated my drink on my desk. probably gotta tune it down cause i couldn't hear my grapple; but it sounds cool.

if you have spare time, anything is welcome; new cool sounds for anything as long as you can prove they are not copyrighted.

i just finished up the per-gametype spawn check so all wfa maps won't spawn the commandpoint stuff in ctf; dman's maps are fixed, and the only maps that won't really work are the ones with skyportals; maybe i can force the sky black if it detects one.

no clue how to add a new refdef with q2 yet.

i 'borrowed' some gun sounds from truecombat and made em stereo for explosions, the m16, ak47, pistol, sniper rifle (with volumetric echo) basically it does a trace sorta like a drop with map items but along all 3 axis and updates during movement; and plays the same wav proportional to the distance of the traces and in volume. I'm gonna have to work on that later tho, cause I am still experiencing the grenade explosion crash. (stingers crash too)

I fixed all the bounding box ent problems; they were upside down. even the players were.

all players have their unique sounds in death, jumping, water, and the 3 pain sounds.

added a bizzillion debug routines for any mappers, since it uses q3 tech. you can make a sentry shoot at yourself in a debug mode; same with turrets and homing rockets will target decoys (just for map testing stuff), mostly i put it in there to test my own stuff but left it in there in case anyone was curious.

the grapple still has that 'sloppyness' when you are grappled right to the wall, you let go you go back the direction you came from. can't really do to much about it without rewriting it; but i did rewrite some of it with a few grapple tutes i found to make it as close to what we are all familiar with.

drawsurf vis works by line of sight except for some ents (flags); they work like normal q3 vis. so even if you had a wallhack you aren't gonna really be able to see anything. that means r_speeds have been cut literally 1/3 of what they were on maps.

its sick, say a prayer.

_