Author: RisK <@>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/20/2003 3:45:03 PM
Subject: RE: Damn

I assume you need to add extra support in the netcode? Witch brings up the question of how flexible it is, if it is like the QW one that used every available bit, then indeed that is a suckage. Then again it is kinda neat to have full access to the netcode, it ofers the possibility of some serious tweaking in the future if this becomes a serious game.

Speaking of netcode, try Nistnet (for Linux) if you need a good WAN (internet) emulator, it has one big minus though. The traffic need to go through the box, it does not work well to have server either client on the box it self, cause it only handles packets when prerouting?..(incoming, outcoming aren't effected) see the readme for more details if you do try it... of caurse it works super if BOTH the client and the server are on the box though. ahh anyways I (personally) thought it was a pretty neat tool.

You mention 44khz sound, does it have a improved sound system? I personally feel that Q3 could have done better for the Linux version at least or maybe I just need to get a better headphones.. plus it all comes down to the qulity of the samples.

And what is so special about D-Mans maps anyways?
_