Author: {wf}shadowspawn <shadowspawn_at_shadowspawn_dot_net>     Reply to Message
Date: 6/13/2003 6:29:43 PM
Subject: RE: There are fraggles and there are doozers.

naw man this is full fledged everything. needler was even a bitch to recreate; now in q3 it has gas bubbles when it hits water. most of the weapons you can see so many different coding styles; some took me like an hour to fix contents checking, some were quite easy. there are allot of hacks in it, but they aren't really hacks. some things are pure beauty, some are scary, some can use re-work which i'll do after i make sure its stable. my pentium pro/xeon 200 nt server works as my test server tho :) so i can have fun. working on remapping modles now, like arso's freeze projectile deal, and adding q2 'sparks' on things wherever i can. and so much still crashes, but its easier with each weapon.

i dunno what i wound up with, guess its a total rewrite of it all. I HAD to rewrite allot of the stuff to get it into the q3 style of entity handling, and had to recreate how the client talks to the server but with the tons of wf stuff in there as well. problem is, some code wasn't commented, some looks as though maybe it was a fix, or maybe it was a mistake; it takes a while.

wfa maps will just fire up in ctf only. Now that the merc works PROPERLY (ok spawns properly, stingers crash and its hard to test solo but my laptop runs q2 in software mode so i can have 2 clients) some stuff old q2wf people will be like 'wtf' but i'm sticking as much as I can to the original specs.

its just a long and painful process now.

its sick, say a prayer.

_