Author: Nazgul <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 4/22/2003 4:44:56 AM
Subject: SS =)

Thanks for replying i was losing hope with getting one =)

I see where your coming from, i dont understand all of what was said because i dont map alot. Ive made a box, did not manage to put textures on it so thats how well i did when i tried :P

I know you have put more work into this mod than 99% of the other people in this mod, and you mostly go unthanked. I thank you and everyone else who has done something for the mod, you are the people who made the mod from the ground up made the best q3 mod i have ever played for for single skill and teamwork.

There are some times when the dev team havenot listened to the community and the community got mad, this is probably where static lost it and quit. The thing is for every 1 who moans there are probably 3 people who appreachated (sp) what static did for the mod i have only been around since 3.0b and didn't know what happened before that but i loved 3.0b and 3.3, 3.5 was not what i expected but i have learnt to live with it.

The problem with the maps i can only explain by using an example. Say you are fed up with your neighboorhood, you want to leave because its boring, they are just making new houses the same kind of people moving in. You want something new and exciting to do so you move lets say. After a while you start to miss the old neighbourhood, the new place do not have something the old place does. In the flurry of moving you forgot about all the good points about where you used to live. All the memories of the old place. The older maps had something because of the memories. The community wanted the maps but not at the cost of older maps =).

What i'm trying to say is with the new mapping engine we lost a shitload of memories with the maps. Thats the thing that i miss. I miss the chance to play on cruel my favorite map, i miss 2fort the new textures are ok but i miss the old 2fort.

Watch a movie of wfa like the II one or BR one to me them movies made an atmosphere and will always be better than the faster pased ones. They are the ones that make me miss the older maps, also watching older demos from 3.3 makes me miss them too.

Well i have kinda gone on for longer than i planned lol so i think i will stop here.

Nazgul
_