Author: pci-jb <hauj00b>     Reply to Message
Date: 3/31/2003 9:18:10 AM
Subject: SFC:II

k, so this FLEET combat game sounded 'neat' kidna like a kevin costner movie

then i see this uber nerdy mod, but kinda like with WFA, sometimes the more UBER NERDY a game is. b/c the nerds are like connoiseurs like if u buy a french wine, u don't go to the french man to buy the wine, u go to the connoiseur, who knows what the dilly is

so heres the mod in case u want to check it out: incredibly fucking weak page.

i had problems installing it, they didn't write the installation instructions correctly. but i figured it out. now i'm not great, but i definetly can lay down a wooping on the computer at the CAPTAIN AI level... well i connected and they have the most uberest AI set. its fucking insane.

this dynaverse shit is kinda like a MMORPG but not as long-term, the campaigns last over a 2 week in-real-time period, and many campaigns make up a war.

you build up prestige and prestige lets u buy more ships/better hardware/etc. you build up prestige by playing against the Human or AI opponents, the further toward the boarders of regions you get, the more difficult the competition. you start with 5k prestige which buys a Heavy Cruiser, decent ship.

then i take on the first AI dooder, a Gorn Frigate, and HOLY FUCK i got my ass waxed. i put the tractor beams on and this AI shithead does it right back to me, i get close enough to use plasma torps, and the fucker lights me up with 4 of them. i get close concentrate fire on one of his shields and then use marines to kill his ship tactic, then he teleports space mines onto my ship

game is definetly nto impossible, i got kinda close yesterday to beating one of them.

k, so there is your starfleet commander:II review

game is coo, mods are coo, but learning curve is fuckign steep

_