Author: Infernal <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 3/26/2003 1:46:07 PM
Subject: changes to FL?

What kind of changes would you all like to see?
I feel there is a huge lack of depth in the game and even though the universe is actually quite small it takes ridiculous amounts of time to travel from end to end.

Something I think would aid the game is pathways akin to superhighways that act as major jump nodes from say the top left of the map to the bottom right for instance, providing the universe is that much bigger.

Or some kind of jump system like in heavy metal 2003 where you select a destination and a station launches you into a hyper speed tunnel type situation.

The only down side of this is that money would be way too easy to make, and so the economy would have to be more reactive with adjusting prices.

while people downplay tradewars 2002 because of it being all text, they forget that it had near 0 travel time between adjacent sectors and there was never the annoyance of being stopped between 2 sectors, you were either in the sector with the pirates or not. My point is, the travel time, to me, reduces the "fun" factor of freelancer and if anything was only a ploy to make paid online play cost more.

surely others can think of what they'd like to see change in the game?
_