Author: !Old!Katana <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 1/20/2003 6:27:10 PM
Subject: RE: SVCD Help

TMPGenc will do it for you, but may require fiddling.

Do you know that your DVD will play native SVCDs? Many won't. Check your manual, if it says it will play SVCDs it will, and if it doesn't, it probably won't.

However, there's a trick that lets you zap an SVCD-encoded stream, then burn it as a VCD (with compliance turned off), that works in both my DVDs.

In addition to the other two sites, try vcdhelp.us

I usually use VirtualDub to resize the movies before handing off to TMPGenc, it's got a very nice resizing filter and more options (if, say, you want to add bands around the video... otherwise I find I lose the edges). VirtualDub can frame-serve to TMPGenc, but it takes a little setting up. (IOW it can feed one frame at a time instead of forcing you to send the entire uncompressed output to disk. Which may not be a problem if you have a really big disk.)

Yes, I've been converting stuff to SVCD... :) just this weekend I converted a series of RealMedia pr0n clips. Took a lot of fiddling, but I finally got everything working.

If you want an older version of TMPGenc that doesn't have a time limit on SVCD stuff, let me know. Might want to try IRC or email, I don't read the forum enough for it to be a reliable medium to contact me.

_