Author: Sonic <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/16/2002 7:57:18 AM
Subject: Map suggestions and more

General: First off, I’d like to increase my FPS, but I do not know how… it would be nice to have this information available, as I don’t know if the old methods/commands still work for 3.5. Also, I would like to see exactly how the scoring works, including all the calculations and/or formulas. I “think” it needs some tweaking, but I don’t know for sure since I have no idea how it works. Now on to the maps:

2FortTron – Laser visibility is my only concern, as the flag room texture makes some lasers tough to see (Ex: blue laser is invisible when parallel with the white pinstripe on the flag room wall).

3 Level 2 – One defender can see the entire midfield as well as the underground exit from one location. It would be great if the underground exits were moved to the jump pad side of that divided area. If someone’s going to take the extra time using that route, they should have a decent chance of being undetected.

Bulfort 2 – I was having problems getting health/armor in the spawn room… I was told to stand on the cracked portion of the floor but even then it was only regenerating about 50%. Is it supposed to behave like a slow respawning ammo pack?

Goodspeed – Looking for some change (not sure what) to the current upstairs access for offense… it is real easy to get up there, camp, as well as leave with the flag. Engineers like me (see: suck) who get killed by two attackers in the top area don’t have time to save the sentry or flag. I’d like to see the offense face a bit more of a challenge or use teamwork getting to that area. The spawn room distance is fine though.

Elevation – While going underground on the right side (I forget which base), I got caught making the left turn after falling down into the elevator shaft. It seemed like part of the wall was invisible but sticking out.

Zero Tolerance – Please put the side door back in… a cyborg can still get to the balcony at midfield, and non-grappling classes can still get upstairs using the lift (now a jump pad). The current setup allows easy balcony access to all non-grappling offensive classes.
_