Author: Zeus <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/14/2002 8:03:56 AM
Subject: 3.5 Maps, Problems that should be fixed (IMO).

3level2 -

The teleporters in the spawn rooms need to be extended down, and closer to the actual spawn points. This will make it easier to hit the teleport brushes that are a pretty hard to touch. The flag stand needs to be reshaped to give back the ability to hide from plasmabombs. The things I do not recommend touching are: The bridges. The transparency makes it very nice. Being able to see what's above / below you is very good. The alternate midfield path is also great. Heightening the small hole over by the both pits in midfield was very nice. I don't seem to get snagged by the ceiling of the hole any more as I jump down into it.

2forttron -

I have always loved 2fort2001, so of course I am going to like this one. However there are a few problems that should be addressed on this map. If there is a way to give the textures a bit more life to them, that would be very nice. This map is the only map I have ever had depth perception problems on. The transparent door is VERY nice. It is just about the only thing that has helped the offense at all, on this VERY turtlish map. The spinning design in the ramp room around the middle ramp is nice also, but I agree that it needs to become translucent. The red dancing box in the spawn room, doesn't dance, unlike the blue dancing box. The walls in mid need to be reflattened. All though, I don't think it's as much of an issue as many people think. Currently I just grapple along the side of the bridge instead of the walls of midfield.

Slabrev -

I like this map as well. The larger dimensions are a little disconcerting, however. If the dimensions could be brought back to a similar size as theslab, I would be very happy. The bottom spawn (which I believe you have already fixed) is another issue. Lastly, If you could make it easier to grapple in and out of the window, that would be nice. Don't make it tremendously easy to grapple in and out, just put it back to the same difficulty as theslab.

Cancer3 -

Perfect except one thing. When you are looking at the flag stand from the crate in the center of the Balc: Put back the laser placement on the right wall that extends down and covers the top entrance. The height of the flag area has been extended, which is good. And the crates have been made smaller which is also good. Just put back that one laser placement and this will be the best cancer to date.

Goodspeed -

Initially I had thought the spawn rooms were too far away, however when I realized how long it takes the offense to get to the flag room, I realized that the spawns need to be that far away. I consider this to be just about a flawless map.

Temple -

A more conventional flag room would be nice. The large open area outside of the flag room, and the large midfield gives this map a sort of newbish feel. The design of it just doesn't feel right. I honestly don't care that this is a large map. The open areas just feel like they were half done.
_