Author: ptah <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 12/11/2002 3:37:33 PM
Subject: RE: Mad Borkage

ok, here's the texture/shader problems i discovered upon loading sellout-wfa:

The water jumppad's textures are misaligned. They should be fit to the brush.

The lobby has a railing under the lower ceiling. Those little moving bits of light should be only one deep, not three. The shader should be vertically fit to the brush.

The miscellaneous support beams around the map have texture misalignment also. Fit to the brush.

The bubbles are much larger than they should be. I don't really care so much about this one though.

The "flowers" in the teleport shaders should fill the brush, and not result in more than one "flower" appearing. Fit to brush.

Again, the bits of light should only be one deep. Vertically fit to brush.

I have done a clean install of 3.5, and removed any old pk3 or map/script directories in baseq3. I still see these errors. I may have still overlooked something, so if no one else is having these problems, i am sorry for bringing it up and wasting anyone's time.

However, if these are occuring for people other than me, then I have to say that i'm a bit saddened. I do realize that you wanted the dev/mapping team to look over and recompile any .map files if necessary, but I was hoping that the map would stay true to my vision. At least on such a simple and superficial level as textures and shaders.

Thanks

-ptah

_