Author: {wf}shadowspawn <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/23/2002 10:40:58 AM
Subject: RE: SS

naw its not too far off.

the mirrored floor shots from the cathedral map, however, will probably not be in 3.5, which is fine by me. TrueCombat level designers have the concepts for it, albeit its realistic and cool looking, we have to, i mean HAVE TO consider performance with WFA. Its one of the sad things of not having a wfa.exe :/

That's not to say 'concepts' like that are not put in other spots. Its just that alot of those screenies that were um, 'leaked' during rambling fits of rage at 3am when all the mappers are beating their heads against their keyboards were tests before applications into already functional maps.

Static and I already talked about making little 'training' maps using these concepts for single player stuff, like that obstical course map was perfect when it came to helping out new players... and alot of these smaller testing maps for finding out maximum player speeds, mortar jump distances, gunner spread, etc were handy to have and can be implemented easily and effectively. but that's after 3.5 is released.

hell, we have alot of toys.

_