Author: {wf}shadowspawn <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 9/19/2002 2:37:51 PM
Subject: RE: wfa in other mods...

jetscreamer is a great guy, alot of times when someone posts images they are instantly associated with who posted; he wanted to clear that up. sorta an unwritten guideline i guess.

i know i am not responsible for 3.5 in any way whatsoever, all I do is work with what static and acrid put forth. Without them, we designers are nothing. They know that too, they do it for the enjoyment of the mod work itself. Those guys are awesome in that they put up with our constant incoherent ramblings.

I just mess with what they give us, and try to help those that work with it. Thats what jetscreamer does, he works with what the tools given him. he doesn't take any credit either. We both make maps, as do others (after meeting at qcon) just for fun; to press q3, to show that the engine is barely realized for a game that costs like 15 bucks. Other mods and companies use the stuff; other designers do, we don't care. We do it for fun. The hard work is really determined by dedication to the specific constraints that a level works with within the code it's meant for. We aren't under any constraints or deadlines. We do this for the people.

that's whats so cool and different about us, we are a team, even those that just sorta pop up and say 'this sucks' have a point to make, and we listen, so we learn, so we are able to make 100fps maps that dwarf stock q3. Even if they won't make it in 3.5, the levels are something for other designers to look at to learn.

jet just didn't want to take credit for it. but you should see his stuff, its like tribes2 for q3, but faster. if only someone would take the flight simulator code and put it in q3....

_