Author: RisK <si.tenmis@bbrk>     Reply to Message
Date: 8/15/2002 12:38:18 PM
Subject: RE: Why do...

On another matter, I seeing how my solution (just something that I came up with on the fly) are just absurd and flawed.

After some thinking here is how it would actually be best do it and slove another problem while at it and hopfuly (without having the code on this computer this) just a simple matter of copying another code.

In basics simply treat the flag as a ~500HP player (enemy player*), entries can push players, get blocked by players, crush players, etc, but never do you see a entry push a player out in the void?

In other words copycat the player collision code for those entries and you would be more than half way there.

<optional>
The second problem I mentioned it could fix this the trigger_hurt, when the flag is dropped in a instagib zone and can not be reached by the enemy. By darning the health points I mentioned earlier if it sits 'friendly' hurtzone and returning if health goes below 0.

*This is the reason I said treat it as enemy player, btw
</optional>

Either ways I would pretty much like a honest respond or none at all.

Second if the dev team would accept it, I could make the patch myself (assuming this doesn't differ so much from vanila q3 source).

-RisK
_