Author: {wf}shadowspawn <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 7/27/2002 8:42:51 AM
Subject: goin on the road again

i'll be on the road for the next week, moving to austin tx and other stuff :)

i'll have dialup, so its nbd, and my laptop isn't that bad esp with q3map2. I just can't test what i create, no opengl card :(

rav will be spearheading alot of questions, and if you have a question about q3map2 that stumps everyone then head to #q3map in irc.enterthegame.com, jetscreamer wrote a manual on it so someone will be able to answer questions, probably not that fast so sit and idle. please make the questions decent and related to q3map2 only tho, read the manual first; even if it is a novel it's worth reading.

After i arrive in tx on wed i have to fly to southern california (in a suit and tie), back to pa, then back to austin and then i'll see ya'll at qcon. I will be checking this forum and my email as well, just try to wrap up as much as you can before we all head to qcon; i don't think i'll have decent broadband anyplace to upload / download too much.

gg's people, the maps i've seen are damn pretty and very well thought out; just test and test and test some more. And keep in mind that everything is probably going to have to be recompiled later anyhow, because ydnar is fixing some things with q3map2 that might make your map look 'better' with lighting, if anything more efficient with the engine and faster compile times, and some other code if static wants to integrate it into wfa that will show off even more prettyness if the mapper had specific worldspawn keys. Maybe, maybe not, up to static at this point, and it would need testing. (cell shading, for example).

that is all

EOF

_