Author: jabes <[email protected]>     Reply to Message
Date: 5/2/2006 11:19:56 AM
Subject: RE: ok sausage

well thats because you like the natural casing you like that SNAP that is the calling card of the all beef frank. You can't do all-beef in soy/tofu, it doesn't taste right. Thats why the soy burgers usually taste like crap.

The only kind of soy products that I've found to be good are the ones that are processed multiple times. Like hotdogs for the most part are just put thru the grinder and then squirted into their casing rinse/repeat. Sausages are ground up, then they add spices, coloring and other shit to them, and the soy is better able to hide in the flavors.

So, if you're looking for recommendations on low-fat low(er)-carb proteins here are a few;

Morningstar Farms Tomato & Basil Burgers
- I just put them on the pizza-stone wait 10 minutes, top them with some can'd spam sauce, some fresh mozz and parmasean. Then toast up a couple of buns, make some green beans or taters and I got myself a meal thats cheap, easy and tomorrow I can make spag and use the open can of sauce in the fridge. 4 carbs in the sandwich, not sure on fat content its lower than beef/chicken tho.

I also recommend the Phily cheese steak burger. cook it the same way, just top it with suisse tho. Its good food, better than eating low quality chicken. They do have these Chicken 'Grillers' or something that come with this teriyaki sauce. Put that shit in a wok with one of those bag meals like chicken voila except you add the chicken yourself... cook up some ramen or yakisooba noodles and just toss all of it together. its fawking good man some of the best stirfry i've had in awhile.

I do have to give it up to tyson and the buffalo chicken strips they have in the bag. fuck those things are soo good but soo bad for you.

_